The Taste? Amazingly will satisfy you!
And the greatest thing is.. you can slice it.. and enjoy it from your plate! Isn't that just fantastic?
Serves 6; Prep time: 20 minutes; Total time: 20 minutes
3 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers
Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting (I prefer chocolate powder for drinking)
1. In a medium bowl, mix espresso powder with 3 tablespoons boiling water until dissolved. Add 1 1/2 cups cold water; set aside (I add 1 tbsp of imitation rum).
2. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese with heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Spread a few tablespoons of cream-cheese mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart serving dish. Separate ladyfingers. One by one, dip a third of ladyfingers in espresso, then arrange in bottom of dish. Spread with a third of cream-cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining ladyfingers, espresso, and cream-cheese mixture (can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day).
4. Covered and put in a fridge for 1 night for best result!
5. Dust with cocoa just before serving. (I prefer drinking chocolate powder for dusting)
Amazingly Nice for "Tiramisu" beginner :)